- Slice one medium onion thinly
- Using one cup of sugar, create layers of onion/sugar/onion/sugar in a large glass jar.
- Allow to sit for two days.
- Strain out onion.
- Bottle the remaining mixture in an amber jar
- Store in a cool place (cool cupboard or fridge)
- Use ½ to 1 tsp 3x/day for cough.
To make medicinal syrups for flu or lung conditions, add thyme, licorice, andrographis, echinacea, wild cherry bark, or mullein. Add equal parts tincture to syrup (ie: 10mL tincture + 10mL syrup) for best results.