These sweet little treats are oh so yummy and take just minutes to make. You won’t believe they’re dairy, gluten, refined sugar and nut free.
I sincerely apologize for not including a photo of the finished product. I forgot to take photos as soon as I took these out of the mold and by the time I realized they were all gone.
All you need to make these is coconut oil, honey, any seed or nut butter, vanilla and salt. If you have a silicone candy or ice cube mold, great! If not, a regular loaf pan lined in parchment paper will work just as well.
1/2 cup sunflower butter (or any other nut/seed butter you have on hand)
1/2 cup coconut oil
just less than 1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
coarse salt to taste
- Pour nut/seed butter, coconut oil and honey in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat
2. Stir or whisk together until everything is melted together
3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and a bit of salt (optional)
4. Pour mixture into an un-greased silicone ice cube tray or small parchment-lined pan (a standard bread pan is the perfect size)
5. Sprinkle a bit of coarse salt over the top of the caramels
6. Now is the time to let your freezer do all the work. Place pan as level as possible in your freezer and allow to solidify for 1-2 hours.
7. Pop the caramels out of the pan and enjoy! These become very soft if left at room temperature so make sure to store them in your freezer
We hope you love this recipe!
If you’d like to start planning for our summer recipe you can start shopping a popsicle mold. This one is our favourite for children!